Re: Sole plate nailing

In a message dated 6/14/2007 9:02:05 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, bruckmandesign(--nospam--at)verizon.net writes:
I therefore exclusively spec SDS screws because it’s a specific after-erection activity.

I, also, have gone to specifying SDS screws for sole plate connections. I just hope there is enough safety factor in the last 50 years of engineering to allow for construction deficiencies.
S.Macie, P.E.
SLO,CA

See what's free at AOL.com.