Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Wind Load - Gas Station Overhead[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Wind Load - Gas Station Overhead
- From: "Jim Lutz" <Jim.Lutz(--nospam--at)bhcconsultants.com>
- Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 13:41:24 -0700
Title: Wind Load - Gas Station Overhead
Gas pump island canopies would, I think, be considered a “free roof” on an open building. Wind coefficients for free roofs are provided in ASCE 7-05 in Figures 6-18 and 6-19. The loads are not uniform, and will result in a moment being applied to the support framing. You might want to add something for the side load on the edges if the sides present much of a profile to the wind.
720 3rd Avenue, Suite 1200
Seattle, WA 98104-1820
206 505 3400 Ext 126
206 505 3406 (Fax)
- Prev by Subject: RE: Wind Load - Gas Station Overhead
- Next by Subject: wood design software vs. other design software
- Previous by thread: RE: Wind Load - Gas Station Overhead
- Next by thread: CA SE Exam