From: Gary L. Hodgson and Assoc. [mailto:ghodgson(--nospam--at)bellnet.ca]
Sent: Friday, June 15, 2007 6:35 AM
To: SEAINT Mail List
Subject: Floating Slab for Residence

Fellow listers,
I hope you can help me.  I have been asked by one of my regular
customers to design a slab-on-grade for a his proposed  house. Most
(99%?) houses up here in the great white north have basements, so it is
unusual to have a sog for a house.  Do you have any pointers, pitfalls
for me?  What do you do for frost protection?  Here (Niagara) we are
required to provide footing at least 4 feet deep.  Thanks in advance,
Gary Hodgson