From: Larry Hauer <lrhauer(--nospam--at)hotmail.com>
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Sent: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 2:33 pm
Subject: RE: ASCE 7-05 Errors

Yes, no set of construction documents is 100% error free and no technical publication is 100% error free, but 24 pages of errata sounds excessive. Most constr. docs errors are typos inwhich we can interpret the meaning, (ie. "wood beam" spelled "wood bem." But a mistake in a formula in a technical publication can have disasterous results, (i.e. a "greater than" sign reversed to "less than"). From the postings, it sounds like ASCE dropped the ball at our expense.

Larry Hauer S.E.