From: Scott Maxwell [mailto:smaxwell(--nospam--at)engin.umich.edu]
Sent: Sunday, June 17, 2007 8:29 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: ASCE 7-05 Errors

And I will ask again...are YOUR documents that YOU produce always 100% accurate?  Keep in mind that YOUR documents (drawings and specs) are also all "legal documents"...they are part of a contract that a contractor/builder are legally obligated to follow.  Do you put out "errata" (i.e. revised drawings)?

I am not saying that catching the errors in the codes is not important...it is.  But, all those people tossing stones should remember that they are not perfect either and have more than likely made mistakes on things that they produce as well.

I have NEVER come across a perfect set of contract documents, including my own.  So, unless you can say that you ALWAYS produce 100% accurate contract documents, then you should be careful about what you say about others.  Something about living in glass houses while throwing rocks comes to mind...

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI