IM Peer Assistance for Light_Framing and IBC 2006 Upcoming Code Questions.

Okay, I know that this is not going to be a popular subject, but I thought I might suggest it for the very few who will take advantage of it;

I want to set up a Live Q&A Peer Help for those of use in small offices practicing Light-Framing. I want to extend it out to those who are going through the learning process for the ICC 2006 IBC coming to California next January. I use MSN IM which is also compatible with Yahoo! And Verizon’s clients operating IM through Verizon Yahoo!

Yahoo! is capable of communication with MSN Live Space Users as I have both an MSN Account (free) and a Live Space Blog set up. It might be somewhat of a cop out but it seems that I can skin MSN IM in Vista Ultimate and can not do this in Yahoo!. I also have a few bad histories with Yahoo! and am not happy to be part of it.

If you are interested (and I don’t plan to be on IM all the time since I have to get work done every day) you can contact me through my IM address at LQEngineer(--nospam--at)hotmail.com. I am restricting this to users who do light-framing design, preparing for the ICC codes coming to California (or any other state that may be more familiar with the old 97 UBC) and other Friends (yes that includes those of you who are my friends and have been emailing on the side) and family (none of whom I think are on this site).

Let’s give it a try. If it becomes too much then we can agree to drop out of it.

I also have a headset hooked up if you car to have a VOIP computer to computer private discussion. I’m toying with giving up my office phone and obtaining a number through MSN or Verizon (my current business carrier) using Computer to land line and reverse since there is a charge of $3.00 a month and between 1-cent and 1.9-cents per minute. The only issue I have with this is attempting to send and receive faxes using a VOIP account where a phone number is assigned and paid by the month. If any of you have done this please let me know.

Thanks

Dennis S. Wish, PE

Checked by AVG Free Edition.