RE: ASCE 7-05 Errors

I have to agree, codes shouldn't be compared to design
documents.  They are much more important than that.  I
also have to believe there is the time and the money
for them to be held to a higher standard design
documents.

I once worked in a firm that implemented a 100% peer
review policy for all documents that left the office
after they issued a drawing for a concrete beam with
no reinforcing in it.  I was surprised at how many
mistakes still got through.  It's difficult not to
produce  documents with mistakes, but it's not ok.

two more cents,
Mark Johnson