RE: ASCE 7-05 Errors

It is comments like this ("given that the committee members are typically
not paid, the lack of proofing the documents...") that to me a cavalier
and inaccurate.  I have yet to encounter a code document in which I have
been directly involved with (that is ACI 318 and the MSJC/masonry code)
that was NOT proofed.  I see people making comments about things that they
more than likely have ZERO experience with as if they KNOW what happened.

>From first hand experience, I know that ACI 318 and the MSJC are
proofed...many times in fact.  And a lot of these statements imply that
those who work on these documents, whether they be staff or volunteer
members of the committee, some how don't care enough to be bothered with
trying to find and correct typos or even more severe errors.  Frankly, I
find such implications rather offensive (if not kind of slanderous) to
those involved in the process.

I am not saying that the codes or the people who create them are perfect.
But, it does bother me when people out there complain about the flaws in
them without getting involved at all nor when they are far from perfect
themselves.

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI