Re: dead end slab control joint

In a message dated 6/19/07 8:46:27 AM, bruckmandesign(--nospam--at)verizon.net writes:
You almost cannot pour a slab on grade for even a 20x20
garage and connect it to a perimeter footing or wall without losing control
of the cracking.

One of my little joys in life (I have a very stunted life) is to observe all the myriad ways that slabs on grade crack, and the little attention that appears to be paid to that possibility by those who lay them out, even in highly "architected" and visible locations.  Like multiple colored concrete with fancy joint layouts ... and a big crack thru it all!  :(

Ralph

See what's free at http://www.aol.com.