RE: ASCE 7-05 Errors

Mark,

I suggest the before you "attack me" that you go back an carefully read my
comments.  I rarely make blanket statements.  In the case in responding to
your post, I specifically said: "I see people making comments about things
that they more than likely have ZERO experience with as if they KNOW what
happened."  You will note that I say "more than likely".  I fully
recognize that some people may be making such comments and may actually
have been or are involved with code development efforts.  I will note that
of the people making fairly blanket statements about what they consider to
be ASCE 7's lack of proof-reading, I don't recall any of those people
involved with ASCE 7 when I have been present at meetings of the
committee, but then I don't know every one on the committee nor have I
been to every meeting myself (as I was not a member of the commmittee
until recently and as such did not always make meetings).

I fully agree that resolving viewpoints leads to insight and knowledge,
but I also do feel it is fair for people to come close to what I consider
slander when they don't really know what they are talking about.  There
have been several people who, either intentionally or unintentionally,
have implied that ASCE 7 is not proof-read or at least not proof-read
enough.  As I know that to NOT be the case, I felt it important to defend
those people who work hard on that document, even if that document (and
others) have faults.

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI