Re: ASCE 7-05 Errors

List,

As an aside to this discussion:  the April issue of Structural Engineer featured a Code Simple article by S.K. Ghosh and Susan Dowty which highlighted some of the critical errata in ASCE 7-05.  The article began by stating "As desirable as it would be for a publication to be produced without errors, that typically proves to be an elusive goal.  In fact, errata to errata have been known to become necessary."

Lo and behold, in the June issue, the following appears"In the April 2007 Code Simple, "ASCE 7-05 seismic provisions errata" by S.K. Ghosh, Ph.D., and Susan Dowty, S.E., the approximate fundamental period was printed as "Tu." It should be "Ta."  We regret the error."

I believe this illustrates once again how difficult it is to attain perfection.

Daniel Popp