Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Old Beam[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Old Beam
- From: "David Topete" <dtopete(--nospam--at)gfdseng.com>
- Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 16:04:16 -0700
Likely a C8x11.5 channel section. Section properties should be very similar to current. Search the AISC website for section properties for that era.
David A. Topete, SE
From: Mauricio Castro
I came across your email address while searching the internet for an old beam's dimensions (http://euken.com/group/seaoc/mailarchive/2003b/msg00317.html). I am currently doing a structural revision of a building built in the 1960's in which I encountered a beam by the name 8 U 11.5 (not actually a U, but its the closest character to it). Could you send me the properties of this beam or maybe its equivalent in todays standards? I have an AISC Steel Construction Manual, 13th edition. I really appreciated it. Thank you.
Civil Engineering Student
- Old Beam
- From: Mauricio Castro
- Old Beam
- Prev by Subject: Old Beam
- Next by Subject: RE: Old Beam
- Previous by thread: Old Beam
- Next by thread: RE: Old Beam