From: Truitt Vance [mailto:Truitt(--nospam--at)adVanceEng.net]
Sent: Friday, June 22, 2007 10:07 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: electronic signature

Mark,

I totally agree, sounds like you and I do the same thing, everything
always
in PDF.  Guess what though; someone can easily steal your signature off
of
PDF, if you don't know your way around adobe it might be difficult but
it
isn't that hard, it just makes a little harder to steal (and when you
get
it, its really nice quality, better than a scan!).  Its also just as
easy to
steal your signature off a wet sign hardcopy using a scanner, so bottom
line, if someone is bent on using your signature and stamp, it WILL
happen.
Vigorous prosecution like you are doing is the best solution in my
opinion.

Thanks for your input also Bill Cain, I hear you loud and clear about
their
being bigger battles (read Charles Ashley's post, isn't that annoying??)
but
it is so quick and convenient to email plans and calcs, and really nice
for
record keeping.  So I am just trying to find out if the plan checkers
have
any legal standing at all, because some are quite adamant about this!
Doesn't sound like they do by responses so far.

I gotta get some work done, HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

Thanks,

Truitt