RE: ARCHIT FEES

No, by far most of that goes towards permits, development fees,  mitigation fees,  surface water management fees, and on and on.

From: ASC [mailto:ggg(--nospam--at)bigpond.net.au]
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2007 12:29 AM
To: Struct EngAssoc
Subject: ARCHIT FEES

I was amazed to see the following:

From: "Michel Blangy" <mblangy(--nospam--at)satco-inc.com>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: RE: Architectural Fees for Residential projects

Last year I was involved with a spec. job in So-Cal. $1,200,000 was budgeted
for all hard/soft costs. Archs. fee including permits/engineering/city fees
was to be $15/sf. Projected sales price is to be 3.5 to 4 mill. I have seen
the same arch. do quite a few similar projs.

Comment: Does it mean that for a 5000sf home (sort of nearly a mansion)

a client would pay 75K in archit fees?

Sounds insane to me.

Sincerely, Gregory from Oz