RE: 2006 IBC Seismic Map CD

I'd just go to the website the list instead; http://eqhazmaps.usgs.gov.  From there, if you go to the link for Seismic Design Values for Buildings about half-way down the page, there is a link to the Java Ground Motion Parameter Calculator - Version 5.0.7 which is essentially the same program.  You need to have Java installed to run it, but there is also a link to the Sun website to install that if need be.

I guess they like to make it as complicated as possible.
-----Original Message-----
From: S. Gordin [mailto:mailbox(--nospam--at)sgeconsulting.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2007 11:03 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: 2006 IBC Seismic Map CD

Good morning,

The 2006 IBC refers to a CD by Leyendecker, Frankel, and Rukstales for determination of seismic design parameters.  I have a 2000 IBC version of that CD, and it is very helpful.

Is the newer (apparently, 2004) version of that CD any different from the 2000 version?
How can I get that newer CD?

TIA,

V. Steve Gordin, SE
Irvine CA