Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: 2006 IBC Seismic Map CD[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: 2006 IBC Seismic Map CD
- From: "John Atilano" <jatilano(--nospam--at)laneengineers.com>
- Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 11:54:26 -0700
There’s also another website that allows the user to automatically enter the address and converts it to the spectral acceleration values versus the java application where you must use the zip code or actually know the lat/long: www.spectralacceleration.com.
It’s based on the 2002 maps, which is what the 2006 IBC has adopted.
John Atilano, P.E.
From: Josh Comfort
I'd just go to the website the list instead; http://eqhazmaps.usgs.gov. >From there, if you go to the link for Seismic Design Values for Buildings about half-way down the page, there is a link to the Java Ground Motion Parameter Calculator - Version 5.0.7 which is essentially the same program. You need to have Java installed to run it, but there is also a link to the Sun website to install that if need be.
I guess they like to make it as complicated as possible.
- Prev by Subject: RE: 2006 IBC Seismic Map CD
- Next by Subject: Re: 2006 IBC Seismic Map CD
- Previous by thread: Re: 2006 IBC Seismic Map CD
- Next by thread: RE: 2006 IBC Seismic Map CD (USGS Web site)