RE: REVIT

You can also use your ADT license to get a reduced price on REVIT

Barry H. Welliver
BHW Engineers L.L.C.

From: Jordan Truesdell, PE [mailto:seaint1(--nospam--at)truesdellengineering.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2007 11:52 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: REVIT

Thanks for the update, Don.  I've toyed with the idea of Revit
Structure, but the cost of it (and AutoCAD, for that matter) and the
"need to fully model" aspect of the package has me leery that I can make
the economics work. I do a lot of very small projects, and a few small
to medium projects - and probably 80% is remodeling/renovation work.
I'm acutely aware that a 3D representation would be tremendously useful
in certain cases, but the economy on small jobs using 2D seems to out
weigh those headaches.  In fact, facing a potential purchase of two
additional seats of AutoCAD in the next couple of months has pushed me
to evaluate AutoCAD LT. IT turns our that  LT of today compares very
favorably to the AutoCAD of 200(4/6) which our workflow is based around.
I'm quite tempted to sell the ADT (excuse me, "Architecture")software I
have to fund the purchase of licenses for an all-LT shop and an office
pizza party.

Jordan