Bluetooth headset for speech recognition

A little off base here, but I’ll ask anyway. I recently upgraded my office tower to Vista Ultimate and purchased a Gateway NX860XL Laptop with Vista Home on it. The laptop has built-in Bluetooth as well as an 802.11 a/b/g wireless card and four USB connectors. I was using Vista for speech recognition on the tower with a Plantronic’s USB headset but would like to use a lightweight Bluetooth ear piece for the laptop. I will use the Bluetooth ear mic for VOIP phone calls, but want to know if I can use one of the Bluetooth wireless ear/mic’s for Vista’s speech recognition software to dicatate and to control programs?

The Plantronic’s website states that you can use their Bluetooth headsets with any mobile phone, PDA and laptop, but it does not give too much information about the headsets ability to interpret speech recognition for dictation. Has anyone tried this?

The problem with the USB headset is that it gets hot even though the results are kind of nice (you can listen to Internet radio while use the mic for speech recognition. I don’t want to be connected by wires and I am not concerned with listening as much as with speaking on the phone (VOIP) or dictating messages.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Dennis

Checked by AVG Free Edition.