Re: Banging bolts

In a message dated 7/3/07 10:48:31 AM, robert.freeman(--nospam--at)idsse.com writes:
Does this also occur in wood construction?

I don't know, but long ago I had a multistory wood-frame project in which the superintendent personally went around, on a weekend IIRC, after the floor sheathing was in place, pounding a sledgehammer down on each joist at each support point, to "settle them in."  I've never encountered that since then.

Ralph Hueston Kratz, S.E.
Richmond CA SA

See what's free at http://www.aol.com.