Re: Document Control Systems - Suggestions Requested

John,

Perphaps you could try echive -- I could find this only TDMS that has
a freely downloadable demo. They claim that they can handle CAD
drawings.
http://www.openarchive.com/echive.htm

There are many electronic archive systems on my local market (OutDoCS,
Serch, PartY), but, unfortunately, they don't have English
localizations or even some online documentation.

Could you estimate the actual size of your team? Maybe establishing
and enforcing a written standard along with minor software
improvements (e.g. the Total Commander file manager is highly
customizable and file system-based addons can be developed) could fit
your requirements or at least hold chaos at bay.

Regards, Alex
--
Alexander Bausk
CAD manager