Re: Disastrous Interview

On Jul 5, 2007, at 10:47 AM, Jim Lutz wrote:

His take on the majority, however, is that they are coming to college less prepared to learn than they used to be, and that the academic institutions are pressured to graduate students with fewer hours and probably ata lower standard than previously, due to the financial realities of modern day higher education. I have no idea how to improve this situation.
I was a co-op when I went to school, and that made a huge difference to my understanding of the engineering business, my attitude toward my studies and how I would be employed, not to mention my grasp of practical matters. Such as pipe sizes and sheet metal gauges and thread standards. The biggest single improvement to engineering programs would be to make co-op education mandatory for a full-blown engineering degree.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw/