RE: Code Distribution Cost (was RE: View proposed ACI 318 revisions)

Actually, you can "drive" to the website of the entity that publishes the
code/book that you need and either 1) buy and have shipped a hard copy (if
you like the old fashioned "20th century" way of reading something on paper)
or 2) buy and download (or in some cases have a CD shipped) an electronic
version.  The fact that you want to drive your car is purely your choice.
<grin>

As to your scenario, it is a nice thought...for you and other practitioners.
But, you neglect to factor in reality.  And reality is that the entities
that publish the codes are businesses (albeit usually non-profits).  As
such, they still must pay bills and have expenses.  As such, they must have
some sort of business model that allows them to make enough money to operate
and be in a position to actually publish the codes.  So, while your idea
might be a nice idea, it may not be a sufficient business model to support
the work necessary to publish the codes.  As such, it might work well from
your perspective, but might end up being a complete non-starter from the
perspective of those that actually put out the codes.

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI