Lag Screws in Withdrawal

Title: Lag Screws in Withdrawal

Thor,

Table 11.5.1E of the 2005 NDS shows the following for lag screws loaded in withdrawal and not laterally:

Edge Distance 1.5D
End Distance 4D
Spacing 4D

HTH

Buddy

John "Buddy" Showalter, P.E.
Director, Technical Media
AF&PA/American Wood Council
1111 19th Street, NW, Suite 800
Washington, DC 20036
P: 202-463-2769
F: 202-463-2791
http://www.awc.org

The guidance provided herein is not a formal interpretation of any AF&PA standard.  Interpretations of AF&PA standards are only available through a formal process outlined in AF&PA's standards development procedures.