Re: 'Epoxy creep' factor in Big Dig death -- oblivious

This continues to blow me away.  Would *anyone* on this list look at that detail and say "Sure, I'd be glad to walk under 10 or 100 tons of concrete hanging from a bunch of epoxy-grouted dowels in tension"?????  Not me!

This appears to be even more obviously inadequate than the final hanger detail at the Kansas City Hyatt walkways.

And I don't think this is just good hindsight; I think both of these examples are SO obvious that anyone with more than ten minutes of engineering experience would realize that they're completely inadequate.

Ralph