RE: Why?

I am not familiar with the Clinton Library, I will have to look at that one.  The biggest advantage they have working for them is the lack of seismic requirements.  Having to allow for a good seismic vertical bounce would add another level of fun to the concept.

From: Rhkratzse(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:Rhkratzse(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2007 8:59 AM
To: Paul Feather; seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Why?

Doesn't seem that different from the William Jefferson Clinton Presidential Library in Little Rock.
Except that cantilever is longer.

Ralph

In a message dated 7/10/07 8:22:13 AM, PFeather(--nospam--at)se-solutions.net writes:

Actually, I saw a work up on this building and the engineering is pretty impressive.  They didn’t just cantilever beams out, each box is full story height trusses in the side walls with an interesting anchorage geometry engaging a thorough “whole building” structural system.

It may look funny, but from what I read the performance is very good and the engineering creative to say the least.

Paul Feather PE, SE
pfeather(--nospam--at)SE-Solutions.net
www.SE-Solutions.net