From: Donald Bruckman <bruckmandesign(--nospam--at)verizon.net>
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Sent: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 7:55 am
Subject: RE: REVIT

What are you worried about Mark?  I'm the guy that has to give you the
model, (the architect).  As I joke to my engineers when they complain about
their workload, "Hey, don't sweat it, I'll run the calcs for you too!"

Seriously though, I've had engineers misunderstand 2d drawings a lot over
the years. I've gotten that call that all architects hate; the, "I don't get
what you're doing here. Could you cut me a section through that area?",
call.   And I'm sure this won't surprise you, but I've known architects that
go out of their way to cut the absolutely easiest section possible through a
building to make their life easy and the engineer and contractor's life
hard.

But, comparatively, the ability of the engineer, and I suppose sometime in
the future, the contractor too, to rotate the model, cut their own sections
instantly, in real-time, and even take perspective camera shots of any area
you want, at any angle, in any direction, is just too stunning to ignore.

That is BIM at its best.

-DB