RE: Offtopic? ACEC

We use ACEC Life/Health Trust and I’m currently working to get favorable policy terms since they are switching to United Healthcare as an underwriter.

We are currently paying for ACEC’s top of the line terms including a $300 deductable, 90/10 coverage and 2000 max out of pocket.

United is offering to “map” our plan to the closest available plan which is a $500 deductable, 80/20 coverage and $3000 max out of pocket…and they are graciously offering not to raise our rates for the first year.

This is completely unacceptable since these are just United’s generic terms for the same premium rates. The whole point with using ACEC is that we as engineers are typically a very low-risk demographic and should qualify for better terms. Not to mention that we pay about $1000 a year to ACEC to qualify for the program.

Needless to say I am looking closely at our options. I have put this into a letter and will send it to ACEC HQ and to our agent.

Christopher Banbury, PE

President

Ark Engineering, Inc.

PO Box 10129, Brooksville, FL 34603

22 North Broad ST, Brooksville, FL 34601

Phone: (352) 754-2424

Fax: (352) 754-2412

www.arkengineering.net