Re: Story shear for ramps; ramps as braces?

Aside from the question Anantha is asking, I have always wondered how to avoid having the ramp itself be a very stiff diagonal brace to resist lateral (wind or earthquake) loads from story to story.  Assuming it's the stiffest structural element it would try to resist earthquake forces and, if unable to do so, fail.

Just curious; I don't design parking garages any more.

Ralph