RE: Enercalc, again

Rajendran,

Unfortunately, real live technical support is going the way of the car carburator. I've used Enercalc for years and think it is a good engineering software package, so I don't recommend abandoning it. If you wish, send your question to me and I will see if I can answer it, (or post it on this listserver and you might get a dozen responses).

Larry Hauer, S.E.

From: Padmanabhan Rajendran <rakamaka(--nospam--at)yahoo.com>
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Enercalc, again
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 07:26:36 -0700 (PDT)

I am having tough time getting to a human being at Enercalc. There is, apparently, no phone operator at any time of the day. Only their, stupid, machine prompts one to leave a message with a promise to "....return your call as soon as we can". The promise remains a mirage. Calls are never returned and emails are never responded to. My email, dated 6/29, to Eneraclc is still awaiting a response. In addition, I spoken to that robotic phone thrice. Either the company is overwhelmed with questions from users (speaks for the quality of the software) or the company is being run by only two or three individuals.

Am I the only unfortunate soul who bought that software?

There have been several posts in the past where the poor technical support from the STAAD software Company were reported. I think similar campaign is due for Enercalc so that individuals considering buying that software can be warned.

Rajendran