RE: hss post weld on caps

They are manufactured, for the most part.

Try King Architectural Metals, 800-542-2379 or kingmetals.com

Most likely any decent wrought iron shop, (not structural steel fab shop) would be a local source.

From: Christopher Banbury [mailto:cbanbury(--nospam--at)arkengineering.net]
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2007 8:03 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: hss post weld on caps

I am looking for a supplier of steel weld-on caps for outdoor hss stair and railing posts.

I recall seeing such caps on various projects but I’m not sure if they are shop fabricated or if they are a manufactured accessory.

The caps I’m thinking of are a nearly flat pyramid with a small overhang that covers the end of the tube to keep out water and provide an architectural finish.

Wagner has something similar but I think they are press-on not weld-on.

Thanks all.

Christopher Banbury, PE

President

Ark Engineering, Inc.

PO Box 10129, Brooksville, FL 34603

22 North Broad ST, Brooksville, FL 34601

Phone: (352) 754-2424

Fax: (352) 754-2412

www.arkengineering.net