Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Wood interior wall studs[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Wood interior wall studs
- From: "Donald Bruckman" <bruckmandesign(--nospam--at)verizon.net>
- Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 14:10:09 -0700
Title: Re: Wood interior wall studs
I always thought the 5 psf was supposed to try to account for the various added moments that occur with applied stuff; cabinets, equipment, fixtures, book shelving, etc. that are hung off (potentially) just one side of the wall. If so, that stuff could easily sit on the wall for 10 years and that would be considered an “L” load as the UBC suggests.
- Prev by Subject: RE: Wood interior wall studs
- Next by Subject: RE: Wood interior wall studs
- Previous by thread: Re: Wood interior wall studs
- Next by thread: RE: Wood interior wall studs