From: Larry Hauer <lrhauer(--nospam--at)hotmail.com>
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Sent: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 3:03 pm
Subject: Spectral Acceleration using 2006 IBC

To get the long and short spectral accelerations for designing earthquake forces I have gone to the USGS website with the required latitude and longitude. However, the website lists 2 values for each, a 10%PE in 50 yrs. and a 2%PE in 50 years. Which of these sets of values am I to use when designing to the 2006 IBC?

Thanks in Advance,

Larry Hauer S.E.