Paul Ransom wrote:
From: "Jason Christensen" <jason.christensen(--nospam--at)wcaeng.com>

We usually call out mid-height blocking to be installed as the wall is
erected, since it is usually the y-axis controlling, the blocking will
drop your Le/d so the x-axis would control.

Two studs or a row of studs blocked together only enforce that they will
buckle in unison at the critical axial load if it is uniformly applied to
all studs. The bracing shear has to be resisted at the blocking elevation to
get a truly braced behaviour.

Regards
Paul