Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

masonry wall adjustable anchor

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]

The NCMA Tek Manual shows an “adjustable anchor” that is used to allow in-plane movement of masonry partition walls but prevent out-of-plane movement at the connection to the main steel or concrete structure.

Does anyone have any idea what these anchors are? An alternate detail shows a greased rod or stud. I can understand how this would allow horizontal movement in plane but I’m not sure how this would permit vertical in-plane movement.


Thanks in advance.


Christopher Banbury, PE



Ark Engineering, Inc.

PO Box 10129, Brooksville, FL 34603

22 North Broad ST, Brooksville, FL 34601

Phone: (352) 754-2424

Fax: (352) 754-2412