masonry wall adjustable anchor

The NCMA Tek Manual shows an “adjustable anchor” that is used to allow in-plane movement of masonry partition walls but prevent out-of-plane movement at the connection to the main steel or concrete structure.

Does anyone have any idea what these anchors are? An alternate detail shows a greased rod or stud. I can understand how this would allow horizontal movement in plane but I’m not sure how this would permit vertical in-plane movement.

Thanks in advance.

Christopher Banbury, PE

President

Ark Engineering, Inc.

PO Box 10129, Brooksville, FL 34603

22 North Broad ST, Brooksville, FL 34601

Phone: (352) 754-2424

Fax: (352) 754-2412

www.arkengineering.net