Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

RE: masonry wall adjustable anchor

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]

This may be what you are looking for…  




Michelle Motchos, PE
Stevens & Wilkinson of South Carolina, Inc.

Columbia, SC

From: Christopher Banbury [mailto:cbanbury(--nospam--at)]
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2007 4:51 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)
Subject: masonry wall adjustable anchor


The NCMA Tek Manual shows an “adjustable anchor” that is used to allow in-plane movement of masonry partition walls but prevent out-of-plane movement at the connection to the main steel or concrete structure.

Does anyone have any idea what these anchors are? An alternate detail shows a greased rod or stud. I can understand how this would allow horizontal movement in plane but I’m not sure how this would permit vertical in-plane movement.


Thanks in advance.


Christopher Banbury, PE



Ark Engineering, Inc.

PO Box 10129, Brooksville, FL 34603

22 North Broad ST, Brooksville, FL 34601

Phone: (352) 754-2424

Fax: (352) 754-2412