Re: Interior Wall Loading

Title: Interior Wall Loading
If that happened, wouldn't you then have a partially enclosed building, requiring a new analysis of the system with higher interior stagnation pressures? Just playing devil's advocate. I've only done an analysis like that once where we had a glass wall and a second, two story cold formed wall which separated that glass "atrium" from a conference facility.
Jordan

Dave Handy wrote:
We were just having this conversation yesterday for interior steel stud partition design loading. If "typically sized" windows and/or doors blow out the area of the incoming pressure would get spread out over a much larger interior wall/ceiling/floor surface..thus the internal pressure of 5 psf is reasonable.  If you are dealing with a partition wall directly behind a wall of continuous overhead doors or other similar building with very large openings then I think it would be reasonable to increase the loading to account for increased pressures.

Dave Handy, P.Eng.
-----