RE: Lime Silo Foundation

Try ASCE 7-05 Chapter 15 ‘Seismic Design Requirements for Nonbuilding Structures’

Jason

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark McCormick [mailto:beamman(--nospam--at)gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2007 6:04 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Lime Silo Foundation

Listers,

I am tasked with designing a mat foundation for a lime silo. It is approximately 30' high x 12' diameter. I would like to know what code/standard would cover the calculation of seismic lateral forces in order to design the mat foundation. Since this is not a building, I am assuming normal building codes are not applicable.

Thanks,

Mark McCormick, P. Eng.