RE:Aluminum, Stainless Steel, and Fiber Glass-Cost Comparison

Don't forget the grade and types of material. A 316 stainless is cheap compared to Carpenter 20.

Regards,
Harold Sprague

From: "Pinyon Engineering" <Pinyonengineering(--nospam--at)hughes.net>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: RE:Aluminum, Stainless Steel, and Fiber Glass-Cost Comparison
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 12:10:43 -0700

Sid
I think to figure this out you need to souce the components like a contractor would. do some preliminary calcs to get member sizes the call the suppliers to figure out material costs. Talk with the local fabrication shop or contractor to see what they are able or willing to build for you. I think your structure is too unique and cost generalization won't work.

Tim Rudolph
Pinyon Engineering