Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Re: Expansion / control joint

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
Doug, thanks for that link, the info was very good.

On 8/11/07, William.Sherman(--nospam--at) <William.Sherman(--nospam--at) > wrote:
It is the engineer's responsibility to provide direction regarding use of movement joints.  The mason should not be providing joints that interrupt structural continuity without direction from the engineer.
Bill Sherman

From: erik gibbs [mailto:erik.gibbs(--nospam--at)]
Sent: Friday, August 10, 2007 3:29 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)
Subject: Expansion / control joint

I recieved a plan check on a cmu retaining wall that I designed asking to provide a detail for rebar placement for expansion joints. I realize that on long walls expansion joints should be used, but as far as specifying them on structural drawings, shouldn't that be the job of the mason? I looked in the UBC and I couldn't find any info about this. Has anyone come across this before?
Erik Gibbs