Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Expansion / control joint[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Expansion / control joint
- From: "erik gibbs" <erik.gibbs(--nospam--at)gmail.com>
- Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 09:54:06 -0700
Doug, thanks for that link, the info was very good.
It is the engineer's responsibility to provide direction regarding use of movement joints. The mason should not be providing joints that interrupt structural continuity without direction from the engineer.Bill ShermanCH2M HILL / DEN720-286-2792
I recieved a plan check on a cmu retaining wall that I designed asking to provide a detail for rebar placement for expansion joints. I realize that on long walls expansion joints should be used, but as far as specifying them on structural drawings, shouldn't that be the job of the mason? I looked in the UBC and I couldn't find any info about this. Has anyone come across this before?ThanksErik Gibbs
- Prev by Subject: RE: Expansion / control joint
- Next by Subject: fastframe on vista
- Previous by thread: RE: Expansion / control joint
- Next by thread: Notched Beam