Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RetainPro Calcs[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: RetainPro Calcs
- From: "Jim Bessley" <jbessley(--nospam--at)gmail.com>
- Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 15:42:14 -0700
I may have to send an email to RetainPro, but I thought that I would send a quick one to the list for now. I am looking at a concrete basement wall that the owner wants to be 6" thick. The wall is 9' tall and supported laterally at the top and at the bottom. For these preliminary calcs I am using a 55 pcf soil pressure. What I see in Retain pro is when I am checking the stem design with #5 @ 6" o.c. at the mid height and at mid thickness it tells me that the section is overstressed "Mu>PhiMn". If I increase the bar spacing to 6.5" it then says the section is adequate. Hand calcs would confirm that #5 @ 6" o.c. is O.K.
Can anyone tell me what's up?
- Prev by Subject: Retaining Wall with Key
- Next by Subject: RE: REVIT
- Previous by thread: Re: Texas PE
- Next by thread: flagpole foundation