Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Brace connection[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: RE: Brace connection
- From: "Casey K. Hemmatyar" <khemmatyar(--nospam--at)gmail.com>
- Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 15:11:37 -0700
As you're awar,e the first step is to establish the SDC (Seismic Design Category) for your site. Depending on the SDC, you're forced to use either steel SCBF or OCBF.
Based on Tale 126.96.36.199 of ASCE7-02, there is no limit in using OCBF in SDC A, B and C, but there are restrict limitations in SDC D and E. However OCBF is not permitted in SDC F.
IBC 2003 refers to AISC 341-02, the "Seismic Provisions for Structural Steel Buildings" for steel design which was published on May 21, 2002. For OCBF connection, you'd refer to its section 14.2 but for SCBF's section 13.3.
In UBC '97 section 2214.6.3 – Bracing connections shall be designed for the lesser of the following….. (I don't have
a UBC '97 reference in my hand I just based it from my old calc.).
Currently, the project I'm working on is based on 2003 IBC. Does anybody know where to refer the above in IBC?
Senior Lead Structural Engineer
Phone - 504-841-3014 (direct)
504 837-5275 (office)
Fax - 504-837-2986
- Prev by Subject: RE: Brace connection
- Next by Subject: Re: Brace connection
- Previous by thread: RE: Brace connection
- Next by thread: Re: Brace connection