cutting a window into concrete block wall

I have a client that wants to install a window in an existing block wall.  what is the best way to install reinforcing steel around the opening.  I have called out for a steel frame around the window and drilled 24" all thread epoxy anchors around where the code asks for extra steel.  is there a reference book for this out there or any suggestions.
This is in a 1974 era building -soild grouted and minimal steel -wood roof and 2nd floor - in seismic zone 4  - I am checking that I have enough shear wall.

Tim Rudolph
Pinyon Engineering
Bishop CA