Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
cutting a window into concrete block wall[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: cutting a window into concrete block wall
- From: "Pinyon Engineering" <Pinyonengineering(--nospam--at)hughes.net>
- Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 10:08:50 -0700
I have a client that wants to install a window in an existing block wall. what is the best way to install reinforcing steel around the opening. I have called out for a steel frame around the window and drilled 24" all thread epoxy anchors around where the code asks for extra steel. is there a reference book for this out there or any suggestions.
This is in a 1974 era building -soild grouted and minimal steel -wood roof and 2nd floor - in seismic zone 4 - I am checking that I have enough shear wall.
- Prev by Subject: RE: custom steel gussets for timber trusses
- Next by Subject: RE: cutting a window into concrete block wall
- Previous by thread: Re: Rigid diaphragm with framed shear walls and concrete shear
- Next by thread: RE: cutting a window into concrete block wall