From: "Pinyon Engineering" <Pinyonengineering(--nospam--at)hughes.net>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: cutting a window into concrete block wall
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 10:08:50 -0700

I have a client that wants to install a window in an existing block wall. what is the best way to install reinforcing steel around the opening. I have called out for a steel frame around the window and drilled 24" all thread epoxy anchors around where the code asks for extra steel. is there a reference book for this out there or any suggestions. This is in a 1974 era building -soild grouted and minimal steel -wood roof and 2nd floor - in seismic zone 4 - I am checking that I have enough shear wall.

Tim Rudolph
Pinyon Engineering
Bishop CA