Re: glulam shrinkage

Buddy-

Thanks for the rule of thumb

John Kariotis would quote 1/28th of an inch per inch green to seasoned.    (if I'm remembering his comment correctly)

cheers
Bob

On 8/20/07, AWC Info <AWCInfo(--nospam--at)afandpa.org> wrote:

FYI, the rule of thumb is 1% change in dimension for every 4% change in moisture content. For the exact equation, see section M4.4 at the following link:

http://www.awc.org/pdf/2005ASD-LRFD_Manual_WEB.pdf

HTH

Buddy

John "Buddy" Showalter, P.E.
Director, Technical Media
AF&PA/American Wood Council
1111 19th Street, NW, Suite 800
Washington, DC 20036
P: 202-463-2769
F: 202-463-2791
http://www.awc.org

The guidance provided herein is not a formal interpretation of any AF&PA standard.  Interpretations of AF&PA standards are only available through a formal process outlined in AF&PA's standards development procedures.