Re: Job Opportunity

Michael Stone wrote:
Just my two cents, but being the "black sheep" coming from a family of
attorneys it seems to me that the fundamentals of engineering and law
are actually the same-- both stress the application of logic in order to
solve problems; ...
However, in common practice engineers don't CAUSE the problems they purport to solve.

Most legal "problems" are the result of the convoluted legislative and legal system constructed by the lawyers themselves, in all their various guises.

It would be as if we Engineers were privileged to write all the laws pertaining to the design, manufacture and construction of virtually everything. If we were truly like the legal "professionals," the typical citizen wouldn't be able to purchase a new car or a home without engineers' seals on every document.