From: Larry Hauer [mailto:lrhauer(--nospam--at)hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2007 7:22 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: 2006 IBC CMU Construction

I've been reviewing the masonry inspection section of Chapter 17 of the
2006
IBC which California will adopt January 1st. It looks to me that the
long-used practice of masonry  construction designed for half stress
not
requiring inspection is no longer in the code. Does this mean that
masonry
construction for items such as screen walls and retaining walls, (no
matter
what the height), will require inspection per Chapter 17?

Thanks in advance,

Larry Hauer S.E.

Find a local pizza place, movie theater, and more....then map the best
route!
http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&ss=yp.bars~yp.pizza~yp.movie%20the
ater&cp=42.358996~-71.056691&style=r&lvl=13&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&sce
ne=950607&encType=1&FORM=MGAC01