From: Jerry Coombs [mailto:JCoombs(--nospam--at)carollo.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2007 8:54 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: 2006 IBC CMU Construction

Section 1704.1 states that SI "are not req'd for minor work OR AS APPROVED BY THE BUILDING OFFICIAL"   By that, small items such as a 2 ft retaining wall could be opted out.  Not sure I'd want a 6 ft retaining wall to go uninspected.
Section 17.1.2 seems to say that prescriptive items (screenwalls in some applications) don't require it.

JDCoombs

>>> "Paul Feather" <PFeather(--nospam--at)se-solutions.net> 8/23/2007 10:38 AM >>>
That is my understanding.  There are some "levels" of inspection, but
all masonry will require inspection under the new code.

Paul Feather PE, SE
pfeather(--nospam--at)SE-Solutions.net
www.SE-Solutions.net