Re: Grounding rebar

There is no structural requirement to electrically ground rebar but there may be an electrical reason to do it.  I usually grounded rebar for FAA type lightning protection and in nuclear power plants.  Grounding is a pain as the initial ground is cad welded to a bar and then the electrical connection to the rest is by physical bar to bar contact with the tie wire binder.  We ended up meggering each bar to ground to make sure we had electrical contact.

I'd like to hear what section of the NEC directs the grounding of foundation rebar.

Paul.
Phoenix, AZ