Re: Grounding rebar

I have refrained from answering this question...I forwarded the OP to a guy I know who is an NEC expert.  I've learned on a lot from him over the years.

So until I get the answer from my expert.........

Here's my not so expert answer..

You are "allowed" to  use the rebar in a foundation as  a grounding system.   It is one of one of the several systems allowed by the NEC but you are not "required" to ground to the rebar OR ground the rebar.

When I get the correct answer I'll post it.

cheers
Bob