Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Grounding rebar[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Grounding rebar
- From: "Acharya, Suresh" <Suresh.Acharya(--nospam--at)ci.concord.ca.us>
- Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 12:25:58 -0700
Ask Mr. Ufer (if he is still alive!), - he is the one who invented this system.
If the ground is dry such as in desert, and no water line is available, UFER is the best available option. Some jurisdictions require at least two different grounding systems, one being the grounding rod, because water pipes are not always reliable if there happens to be a section of plastic pipe in it; and you would certainly not connect to gas pipes!
Suresh Acharya, S.E.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Grounding rebar
- Next by Subject: Re: Grounding rebar
- Previous by thread: RE: Grounding rebar
- Next by thread: RE: Grounding rebar